Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yao Ming


There was a time that I joined the NCN.org (National Caricaturist Network) because I'd seen some of the members work on-line. It was a very rewarding experience and I'm thinking about joining them again in the near future. There was a retreat in Orlando FL back in 2003 that I was fortunate to attend. WoW! I'd never been around that many artists before in my life! It was absolutely amazing. At that time I was heavy into my computer-styled caricatures but was slowly realizing that I missed good ol' fashioned DRAWING. So much so that I did this illustration of Yao Ming just based on memory. It was really fun to 'draw' again after spending so much time illustrating on my computer. The over exaggeration was inspired by fellow artist Glenn Ferguson who is defintely one of the Best in the Biz! ~WmD.